The Southern Oregon University Parking Program provides parking services for the campus community through the use of creative, innovative and proactive measures that support the University mission. It is the goal of the parking program to support its philosophy through the following objectives:
- Providing accurate and courteous parking services to SOU employees, students and visitors
- Performing an annual assessment of space designation
- Providing and publishing up to date information with parking rules and procedures on campus
- Offering convenient online self services which include vehicle registration, citation payment, appeals, and permit sales through multiple payment avenues
- Ensure parking staff is well trained on the Parking Rules and Procedures to provide consistency in the application of University procedures to provide a fair and educational parking enforcement program
- Enforcement that promotes voluntary compliance with campus parking rules
- Proactive planning for future parking needs and industry changes
The SOU Parking Department is self-sustainable, as mandated by the State of Oregon, and does not receive any public or SOU general funds to support it. This is why there is no free parking on campus. The costs of salaries, resurfacing, painting, and regular parking lot maintenance is paid for through parking permit sales, event fees, and citation and meter revenue.
Parking rules on Southern Oregon University property are enforced 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This includes Summer Term and Federally Recognized Holidays. Parking on campus is first come first serve, buying a virtual parking permit does not guarantee you a parking space.